First of all, let’s prepare the lemon curd. The recipe can also be made without it, but it will give our crumble a fresh and pleasant touch. You can make it the night before, purchase it or replace it with a vanilla ice cream!
- 25 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- the juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 organic egg and 1 organic egg yolk, beaten
- Melt the butter over a very low heat.
- Add the sugar, the lemon juice and rind and finally the beaten eggs.
- Continue to mix gently using a wooden spatula, until the mixture thickens and coats the bottom of the pot.
- Remove the lemon curd from the heat and pour it into a sterilised jar. Its consistency will change and thicken as it cools down.
- Keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve the crumble.
Crumbles are the perfect dessert for those short on time, they are a versatile hymn to seasonal fruit and everyone loves them!
- 675 g pears
- 45 g sugar
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of water
- 70 g dark chocolate in pieces
- 110 g white flour
- 50 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 30 g rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (200 °F) or in a gas oven at the 6 gas mark. Choose a medium-size baking dish with 3 cm edges and grease it with butter.
- Peel the pears and cut them in half. Rub them with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown. Core and clean the pears using a paring knife or a spoon. Cut the pears into cubes, add the cinnamon and 45 g of sugar and allow them to sit with the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crumble. Work the butter with the flour and add a spoonful of water if needed.
- Incorporate the rolled oats, the sugar, a pinch of salt and continue to work until you obtain a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the pears and place the baking dish in the oven for 40 minutes or until the crumble is a nice golden colour. Be careful not to burn it!
Enjoy it hot served with lemon curd. Absolutely delicious!
If you need any information please contact us using the form below.
DISCLAIMER: The Active Surface brand is not available for import, purchase or distribution in the United States of America and territories.
Any and all product claims and descriptions contained on this website or in other sales or promotional materials regarding the Active Surfaces brand, including claims and descriptions of its public health benefits and antimicrobial or antibacterial effects, are not applicable in the US states and territories .